Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Wii love it!








              












How do you survive bitter cold temps in the teens and twenties with four small children at home?  Well, for the Alberty family, we challenge each other to a game of tennis, or maybe bowling.  I no longer challenge Owen to boxing because he is reigning CHAMP.  What am I talking about??  Last Christmas we got a Wii for the family.  On days like today (when the high is 20) I am so thankful we have it.  We went all summer without playing it but now that the weather is so cold, it is seeing a lot of action!  For those that haven't actually seen one or played one, please reserve judgment...I used to be one of those anti-video game parents.  However, after some persistence from the hubby (who really wanted it for himself and, oh yeah, the family), I caved.  Wow!  I have to say that this is a video game like no other.  The kids can do yoga and strength training on the Wii Fit.  They can participate in Olympic games, actually swinging their arms and jumping in the air.  They can box and bowl and play tennis.  The list goes on...and they all are active participation games.  Who knew?  And... it does often involve the whole family:-)

We have recently added Guitar Hero World Tour to our library (see above added photos).  It is too priceless to watch Claire sing vocals while the others are strumming the guitars and playing the drums!  

How are you surviving the winter?

Disclaimer: No, I have not been paid by Nintendo for this testimonial:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment