
Some of you already know that last year the kids participated in the Kids on Track program sponsored by the local hospital. Well, we are doing it again! Kids on Track is a cumulative marathon (that's 26.2 miles, folks!!) run over the course of the summer. The kids receive incentive prizes for each 5 miles they complete, with a big celebration at the end of the summer. Today we kicked it off with a 2 mile run...yes, 2 miles! I couldn't believe they did it (or that I did it, for that matter:D). Our goal for the day was actually only 1 mile. However, I think it was a combination of the newness and the wonderful 65 degree temperatures that made them want to keep running more. We took a break after 1 mile to get rehydrated and our pace was not all that fast, but I am so proud of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment