Sunday, July 26, 2009

Show-Me-State Games



Congratulations to Owen and Team MAC United on a Bronze Medal at the Show-Me-State Games!! The Show-Me-State games include teams from across the state of Missouri and are a big deal here in Columbia, MO. Coach Rylan invited Owen to play competitive outdoor soccer for the first time ever. It was so exciting! We brought lots of cheerleaders to cheer the team on- Clarice (Great-Grandma who is 92!), Uncle Greg & Aunt Kelly, cousin Evelyn, Nanny & Papa B (aka Ann and Blaine), and friends Shelley and Jon. What a cheering section we had!


Owen was a great sport and gave his all. It was a bit different than he was used to since he has only played indoor soccer before, but he adjusted great. He played with such determination....look at that face! He played forward most of the time and ran hard. I wish I had had a pedometer on him to know how much he ran! Most of the teams were very evenly matched, which made for exciting games. I thought I might lose my voice before the tournament was over. I realized that I became a true "Soccer Mom" while watching Owen. Heck, next time you see me, I might even have a soccer ball on my minivan:-)



Here is the big guy, with his medal. He has been carrying it around for about the last week, showing anyone who cares to listen. It's so great that he has something all for his own. If you haven't talked to him about it, feel free to call. He'll bend your ear for a while about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment