An earthcache is a special place that people can visit to learn about a unique geoscience feature or aspect of our earth. It is NOT a traditional geocache, in which containers and/or logsheets are found.
Darran and I bought a geocaching gps for my dad for Christmas. We have had such fun with geocaching and knew he would too. So he and Brenda made a trip to CoMo and we thought we would show them the ropes.
What better place for a hike and adventure than Rock Bridge Memorial State Park, right? They had never been to this beautiful park, so we grabbed some lunch and set off for a picnic and hike.
After lunch we plugged in our "earthcache" and set off. Darran and I had never done an earthcache before and didn't know there was a difference. When we couldn't find the first one near the Rock Bridge, we moved on to another one at Devil's Ice Box. I even used my ninja-like skills to climb into the cave, across the water, and still came up empty.
So we headed back to the Rock Bridge. We searched FOREVER. Under rocks, up on top of rocks, on hillsides, across the creek. You name it, we searched it.

We finally gave up, not something we Wendling's do easily. Really. We are stubborn that way.
After parting ways I went home to put a comment in about this ridiculously hard geocache when I realized that it was just an earthcache. Boo! I have four children who need an actual treasure to find, not some stinking natural treasure! Ok, I'm kidding...kind of;)
Pretty sure my dad thinks geocaching is for the birds now thanks to "Arthur & Trillian" --creators of this earthcache!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment